For Providing institutional care to these children, currently a total of 89 Child Care institutions are set up in Haryana These Child care institutions includes the following institutions and Homes for children in need or protection:
- Observation Home (OH): Observation Home provides adequate residential care and protection services to Children in conflict with law who enter the juvenile justice system through the Juvenile Justice Boards (JJBs) during the pendency of any inquiry regarding them under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2015
- Special Home : Special Home” means an institution established by a State Government or by a voluntary or non-governmental organisation, registered under section 48, for housing and providing rehabilitative services to children in conflict with law, who are found, through inquiry, to have committed an offence and are sent to such institution by an order of the Board.
- Place of Safety : ‘Place of safety” means any place or institution, not being a police lockup or jail, established separately or attached to an observation home or a special home, as the case may be, the person in-charge of which is willing to receive and take care of the children alleged or found to be in conflict with law, by an order of the Board or the Children’s Court, both during inquiry and ongoing rehabilitation after having been found guilty for a period and purpose as specified in the order;
- Children Home : “Children’s Home” means a Children’s Home, established or maintained, in every district or group of districts, by the State Government, either by itself, or through a voluntary or nongovernmental organisation, and is registered as such for the purposes specified in section 50
- Open Shelter Homes: open shelter” means a facility for children, established and maintained by the State Government, either by itself, or through a voluntary or nongovernmental organisation under sub-section (1) of section 43, and registered as such, for the purposes specified in that section.
- Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAA): pecialised Adoption Agency” means an institution established by the State Government or by a voluntary or nongovernmental organisation and recognized under section 65, for housing orphans, abandoned and surrendered children, placed there by order of the Committee, for the purpose of adoption